Intermediate (Junior and Senior also considered)
Market Related, Based on experience.
Full Time, On Site. Flexi Hours Available
Green Point, Cape Town
Maintaining plans and tracking deliverables of large projects for the Program Manager and taking sole responsibility on mid-sized projects including confirming project activities are on schedule, maintaining the budget, recording issues and risks and managing change requests.
• Establishing and managing effective project operations to deliver quality outcomes. These will be multi workstream projects likely to involve development, data migration, infrastructure and implementation as examples.
• Leading distributed team(s) of project employees operating on complex IT projects, delivering application enhancements, implementations and resolving defects.
• Controlling the definition of project requirements and high level solutions. Responsible for managing these into the development team and for user acceptance on delivery.
• Maintenance of project plans and timely management of actual effort and remaining work.
• Maintenance of JIRA to ensure accurate and up to date status of project activities.
• Timely progress reporting (verbal and written) to both clients and internal management.
• Defining, sourcing and managing necessary project resources. Controlling project schedules to ensure that necessary modules and programs are completed according to the project plan.
• Preparing project budgets, attaining necessary approvals in a timely manner and monitoring and tracking project financials and the realisation of defined project benefits.
• Effectively controlling and managing the issues, risks, dependencies and changes in scope associated with large, complex IT projects.
• Establishing, managing and reporting on project budget(s), analysing budget variances and recommending appropriate action.
• Exceeding stakeholder expectations through the application of stakeholder management disciplines.
• Developing and managing vendor contracts/agreements associated with projects under management.
• Strong understanding and application of Project Management competencies including scope, time, costs, quality, HR, communications, risk, procurement, and integration.
• Effective leadership, relationship, coordination, motivational, negotiation and dispute resolution skills.
• Strong understanding of business requirements and technical limitations as determined by the application architecture.
• Financial literacy to forecast and manage project budgets.
• Ability to manage the competing demands of multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Progressive experience in Information Technology.
• Solid experience of successful project delivery.
• Formal project management qualifications desirable.
• Business Acumen
• People skills
• The highest level of client and business confidentiality at all times
• Ability to ensure that you strictly maintain the standards, disciplines and procedures of the company
• Ability to understand & strive to achieve set targets
• Attention to detail
• Able to follow specific instructions
• Good time management skills
• Good organisational skills.
• Complete self-motivation and self-starting capabilities
• Innovative thinking
• Good communication skills